Search This Blog

Friday 31 July 2015

Product review - the bobble hat shop

In a very different blog post to my usual Jack updates I was lucky enough to be asked to review a fur bobble riding hat silk for The bobble hat shop.

I was excited to receive a lovely burgundy silk to try out in a variety of riding situations which is of excellent quality and looks fantastic.



If you want to stand out from the crowd then one of these silks is just what you need!

One size fits all and I have a very small head but the silk fitted my size 1 skull cap well. The pom pom is so soft and is attached with a strong popper so it stays in place when you want but can be removed for storing, washing (the hat silk is actually satin and machine washable) or in bad weather.  I imagine a drenching from the British rain would rather spoil the fur.

You have to be careful when removing the Pom Pom not to pull the fur as it does come out and there is the chance of ripping the hat silk too as the popper really is quiet strong.

I have ridden in it in a variety of situations including fast canter/gallops in open fields and xc schooling and there was no interference or movement from the bobble or silk and despite the large size of the fur bobble it is so light you don't know it's there even at speed.
It stayed put in high winds too.
It also still looked good after being a bit battered by leafs and branches from low trees while out hacking.

It does seem to be a bit like marmite and people I've shown it too either love it or hate it!  Personally I love it and it has certainly caused me a lot of attention so far, I've not seen another one like it yet!


I've only had it a couple of days so I don't know how long before the fur begins to look worn but hopefully if looked after it will last well.

It's a high end product made of quality materials and the price reflects this.  I think it would look great out of the cross country course with a colour matched top, you would certainly be easy to spot!  You can even choose a different coloured pom pom to really customise it.

I would say that due to the price it would probably not be an every day hat silk and be better kept for special occasions.

Horses seem to be quite keen to try to eat the Pom Pom so with it being detachable it needs to be kept away from their teeth!

You can see there range of riding hat silks currently available to purchase here http://www.thebobblehat.co.uk/product-category/riding_hat_silks/


1 comment:

  1. Trust the right knit beanie hats manufacturers Yhao to give you, suppliers, all of the quality designs that you need with the comfort that you can trust to get here, where you have all of the control. custom bobble beanies


    ReplyDelete