Search This Blog

Monday 17 August 2015

Recovery week 28 - 17/8/15

It's been a pretty quiet week for Jack as I have been away on a little family holiday since the early hours of Thursday morning and so I don't have an awful lot to update!
He has been ticking over nicely lately and I'm still really pleased with his progress of late despite the ups and downs. 
The biggest and most pleasing progress is the change in his attitude and confidence which is continuing to build all the time.  I think he is beginning to believe in himself and me again and realise its not going to hurt him anymore.  He is still a little hesitant at first sometimes but with a bit of gentle persuasion and patience he soon begins to work at his full ability.  I'm hoping given more time that early hesitation and uncertainty that he still has when I first start working him will disappear completely.
I worked him on the pessoa on Monday and took him for a nice long hack with my friend Jo on her lovely boy Toby Tuesday before a manic Wednesday which involved having to leave work early to pick up my poorly little boy from nursery whilst attempting to get all the work I needed done and pack the car etc ready for a 5pm depart the next morning!  Poor Jack got a quick glance over in the field and a carrot before I had to dash off - not the nice hack I had planned but, best laid plans and all that!
He has been in the field since then and been kept and eye on by the girls I share the field with, Jo and Claire.  They report he has been fine but slightly mift at not being brought in every day for a bit of attention and food - I hope to rectify that tonight!
We have a slightly more normal week this week so I should be able to work him well before I go away again for our main family holiday at the end of the month.  Before then we have a bit of XC schooling planned at our local course with my friend Jo and Toby to give us a good lead ( as long as the ground is good!) and we are going to box them up and take them to a local all weather gallops for a good blast too.  He is also going to been treated by Tamsyn our fab physio again just before I go too so it will be interesting to see the difference a bit of time off has had on him. 
I have not seen him yet as we didn't get home until almost midnight last night and was running rather late for work this morning so I wont see him until after work tonight.  Hopefully there will be some improvement in the lump under his off hock and he has not managed to damage himself in any other way while I've been away!!
The plan will be to lunge him tonight and see how he is.
I also finally got paid by my insurance co for Jacks stay at Bennetts rehab centre for Hydrotherapy back in March!  They deducted an awful lot more than I was expecting but at least I have been able to clear my vet fees at last and no longer have debts hanging over me!
I am now in the process of putting together a big complaint to E and L for their appalling customer service and processing of my claim.
I do not hold out and awful lot of hope in resolving the issues or getting an sort of compensation although I am confident I am owed some after their catalogue of errors, suffice to say when my renewal comes through I will be changing to an alternative provider - I've already been in touch with a few and decided who I'm changing to.
I will never deal with E and L again and strongly advise against anyone insuring anything with them after the troubles I have had - the slightly cheaper premiums are simply not worth the agony you have to go through when you need to claim!
Obviously there will be a fair bit of him that is not insurable now :(




No comments:

Post a Comment