Search This Blog

Tuesday 22 September 2015

21/9/15 - A quiet week

Following the excitement of last weeks post about the fun we had on the charity ride this weeks blog is rather boring I'm afraid!

I gave Jack a day off the following exertion of the 12 mile ride but to be honest I don't think he really needed it, he was fresh as a daisy but it did give me the chance to catch up on a few jobs that needed to be done like poo picking the paddock, weeding and tidying up my hay and stable area.

On the Tuesday I clipped him and then gave him a loose school and he was showing no signs of any stiffness or soreness.  I am really enjoying doing more ground work with Jack and he seems to like it too :)

The plan was to get back on a ride on Wednesday evening but in the afternoon I started to feel very ill and by the time my other half got home at 5.30pm I was laid up on the sofa feeling very sick and no way I could ride and this carried on Thursday too.  By Friday afternoon I was feeling up to riding again and thought I would just take Jack for a gentle stroll round the village after work, that was until I got a call from my little boys nursery that he was now ill and needed picking up!  So Jack got another day off in the field and I nursed a poorly boy instead!

I did manage to lunge him a couple of times over the weekend but other than that Jack has had a very easy time of it, hopefully we can get back to normal this week.  The plan is to take him for some show jumping schooling on Friday night

This pic popped up on my facebook time hop this week - Jack as a 4year old at our first competition, how much he's changed!

No comments:

Post a Comment