Search This Blog

Friday 13 March 2015

Back in the saddle!

Unfortunately not on my own horse but it was still enjoyable to ride for the first time in weeks last night!  I have been lucky enough to be offered many rides on friends horses while Jack recovers and last night I rode a lovely chunky cob for a fellow livery, I've never ridden him before but he was as comfy as an armchair and a lot of fun!  I had to use rather a lot of leg and he is much wider than I'm used to ridding so I'm feeling it a bit today!


Jack is continuing to drive me potty with his new found bed wrecking skills, what has happened to my lovely clean horse!  He used to be so easy to muck out!  I'm sure boredom is a big factor in his new favourite activity of eating his banks and mixing his bed, it's now taking me ages to sort it out morning and night!

However if all goes well he might only be stuck in his stable for another 3 days - really really really hoping this is the case!!

I spoke to a different physio this week and started to give her the back ground on Jack and how we have got to where we are.  She has come highly recommended and I didn't want to go back to the people I had used before who had all missed his back pain so hoping this works out well and complements Jack rehab plan.

I'm excited by the prospect of getting him back out on some grass and beginning his rehab at long last - I know its only been 6 weeks and in some ways it has gone quickly but I feel he is now telling me he's feeling better and needs a bit more freedom to move and stretch.

He will only have a small paddock on his own to start with next to the others and it's going to be fun trying to get him out to the field without him loosing the plot but I cant wait to see him having a good roll and kicking up his heals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment